- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary (or any herb your heart desires)
- 1 12oz bottle beer (I use Guinness)
- Preheat oven to 350 and make sure oven rack is in the middle of the oven.
- Melt butter in 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
- Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, rosemary, and salt. Stir in the beer to the sticky stage. Do not overmix.
- Pour 6 of the 8 tbsp butter into a cup and use the rest to coat the baking pan. Spoon dough into pan and spread evenly. Drizzle the remaining melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till top is golden brown.
- Remove to cooling rack and serve warm.