- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
-1.5 cups flour (unbleached or whole wheat or combination of both)
- 1/2 cup sugar (white or brown)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5 cup Saskatoon berries (or any other berry)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 cup muffin pan.
- Stir oats and milk together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk vegetable oil, vanilla, and egg together in a separate bowl; stir egg mixture just until batter is combined. it seems like it is not wet enough, but it is.
- Fold oat mixture into batter; fold in Saskatoon berries. Divide batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups; sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on the top of each one.
- Bake in a preheated oven approximately 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then move to wire rack to cool completely.