- 1/2 lb green (or coloured) string beans
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- fill a saucepan till 1/4 filled with water and bring to a boil. Add the beans and fennel slices; cook until barely tender. Pour into colander to drain and run under cold water to stop cooking process.
- Return empty pan to stove and set to medium heat. Pour the olive oli in and let it heat for a minute. Return beans and fennel to pan. Season with basil, salt and pepper; Cook and stir till coated and warm. Transfer to serving dish and serve with crumbled feta cheese.
- This recipe works when beans are substituted with swiss chard, mustard greens or just about any other green.