Thai Basil Chicken
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 to 10 chilies
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- handful thai basil
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Mince garlic and chilies.
- Remove basil leaves from stems.
- Heat wok on high and add about 1 Tbsp of oil to pan.
- When oil is hot, add the chilies and garlic. Stir fry them for about 20 seconds till fragrant. do not let burn or dry out.
- Toss in the chicken. Keep stir frying continuously till chicken is almost cooked. If it starts to dry out add a tiny splash of water.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Continue to fry another 30 seconds.
- Toss the basil into the pan, fold it into the chicken and immediately turn off the heat. Basil does not like to be over cooked.
- Serve with white rice and a fried egg.