- 4 Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Place eggplant in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix together soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil and garlic in a small bowl. Pour over eggplant and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill. Season the eggplant with salt and pepper and grill on each side for 3 minutes, basting occasionally with marinade.
- Serve on greens such as mizuna or mustard and top with sesame seeds.