Chicken thighs and Chorizo
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in
- mixed coloured peppers (about 3 but you can load up)
- 140g chorizo sausage, roughly chopped
- 20 pitted black olives
200g cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- Heat oven to 425. Crush the garlic and thyme using a mortar and pestle, or mince and mix together. Add 2 tsp olive oil to make a paste.
- Rub the garlic and herb paste on the underside of the chicken.
- Cut the peppers into chunky strips and pile into a roasting pan or cast iron fry pan. Add chorizo and olives. Toss with a small bit of olive oil. Sit the chicken on the top, skin up. Scatter the tomatoes, spoon over the vinegar and tuck in a thyme sprig or two.
- Roast for 1 hour until the chicken skin is crispy and the vegetables have softened.
- Serve with crusty bread, pasta or potatoes.