Tomatillo Chicken Pasta
- 1 Head Garlic
- 1 bone-in skin-on, chicken breast, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and quartered
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 8 oz. fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Slice the top off the head of garlic so the tips of the cloves are exposed. Place the garlic on a sheet of foil, drizzle 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil over the top and wrap the garlic in the foil. Rub the chicken breast with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and place it on the baking sheet along with the garlic. Roast them for 15 minutes.
- Toss the tomatillos and onion in 1 Tbsp olive oil. Once the chicken and garlic have roasted for 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and place the tomatillos and onion on it. Return the pan to the oven and continue roasting for another 30 minutes till the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.
- Towards the end of the roasting time, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook it according to package directions.
- Transfer the tomatillos and onion to a blender. Once cool enough to handle, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from the head of garlic and add them to the blender. Puree the vegetables until smooth.
- Remove the skin and bone from the chicken breast. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Transfer the puree to a large skillet and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in the chicken stock, chopped cilantro and salt. Add the chicken and stir it all together. Transfer the pasta to skillet with the sauce and, using tongs, toss it all together until the pasta is coated in the sauce. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lime over the top.
- Top each serving with a 1/2 Tbsp of the crumbled feta cheese.