- Add chopped red amaranth to vegetable curries, a common practice in India and Sri Lanka.
- Mix a pound of steamed, drained and chopped amaranth with 1 pound of ricotta cheese, 1 beaten egg, and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Mix finely chopped raw amaranth with chopped onion, slightly beaten eggs, and a little salt, then fry as an omelet.
- Add steamed, drained and chopped amaranth to tomato sauce and serve with pasta.
- Mix the steamed amaranth greens in a blender with minced garlic,
parsley, basil, oregano, tomato sauce, and some tomato paste, then use this mixture as one of the layers in a lasagna.
- Delicious as a green in soups.
- Add to stir fry.
- Use for dying yarns and fabric.