For the dressing:
- Zest of 1 Blood orange (or any orange)
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp freshly, squeezed orange juice
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground, black pepper
For the salad:
- 4-6 cups fresh mache
- 2 oranges, preferably blood
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, gently whisking to combine.
- Place greens in a large bowl and drizzle vinaigrette, one tbsp at a time, until it is dressed to your taste. Gently toss being careful not to crush leaves. Grate fresh parmesan on top and garnish with blood orange segments.